Profile of 'Karen' (#52136) – Terrigal All caregiver workTo contact 'Karen' you will you need to join now or login
|Last Logged in last week|
Mature, Fun Loving, 40 year old Nanny.
I am looking to work 2 or 3 days and I am currently flexible on the days.
My rates are from $20 when I am solely caring for your one child.
Everyone’s childcare needs and requirements are different so I look forward to speaking with you and discussing whether we could come to a workable agreement. I am easy going and flexible, children are my passion and I am looking forward to finding a wonderful nanny position. I am looking for a family whereby we can be understanding to each others needs and to create a stable and workable relationship. We all know how difficult it is to juggle, work, children and school !
I am 40 and have two children aged 9 and 7. I have an outgoing friendly personality, I am patient, caring and find it easy to build a rapport with children.
I am a hands on nanny and love being active. I love being outside, trips to the beach or park, and walks. I also enjoy varied activities with children including, craft, painting, baking, games, puzzles, music, play dough and trips to the library.
I loved being a stay at home mum to my two children, before they started school. To see them grow, develop, learn, play, and have fun has been so rewarding to me as a mum. We are a busy family and some of the favorite activities include, swimming, bike rides, fun at the beach, craft, painting, baking, playing games, puzzles, play dough, and trips to the library.
I have just finished Nannying to a beautiful 4 year old girl in Manly, who has now started school. We had so much fun together :) We would have trips to the beach, search for shells and draw in the sand. Make yummy cupcakes for mummy and daddy ! Paint our nails ! Have trips to the city and central coast. We would play Lego, fairies, star wars and mermaid games! We would have picnics and always enjoy going on a bear hunt :) I also enjoy teaching in a fun and playful way, so we would talk about letters and make relevant crafts or sing songs to help with letter recognition.
• Babysat for many families over the years.
• Have been employed as a nanny to 4 children, aged 6, 4, 3 and 12 month. I was responsible for ensuring the children were dressed in the morning and ready for school, preparing breakfast, walking to school with the children, taking the younger children to playgroup, day excursions, entertaining the children with games and craft activities, preparing meals and light housework when needed.
• Worked self-employed as a mummy nanny. My son who was two would come with me whilst I was a mummy nanny to a 3 year old boy. The activities I used included playing games in the garden, craft activities, play dough, painting, singing and stories. I was responsible for preparing healthy snacks and lunch. It was lovely to see the two boys get to know each other and they developed a great relationship.
• Taught a Sunday School class for 5 years, for children aged between 3 – 6. This involved lesson planning and activities including art, craft, music, stories and drama.
• Provide weekly class help at my sons school and assist with reading groups. I have a group of 4-6 children and I assist with their reading and comprehension worksheets. I also assist with any other activities the eg. craft, creating wall displays and photo copying. I have been doing this for nearly two years.
• Helped at my daughters pre-school, I have participated in excursions and the classroom.
• Provided casual support at a local preschool. I was responsible for interacting with the children, story telling, preparing healthy snacks, providing a relaxing/sleep environment, developing creative experiences for the children to develop, changing nappies, and meet heath and safety and center guidelines.
I have a recent first aid certificate, clean drivers license, references and more than happy to complete a working with children check and provide a police certificate should this be required.
I am based in North Avoca and happy to cover the local surrounding suburbs.
Karen's Experience / Skills / Qualifications
|Type of Caregiver:||All caregiver work|
|Years Experience||5 - 10|
|Police Check Available:||Yes|
|First Aid Certification:||Yes|
|Has a Driver's License:||Yes|
Type of Work
|Ages of children Karen is comfortable providing care for:|
0 - 1 years
1 - 2 years
2 - 3 years
3 - 5 years
5 - 10 years
|Type of work Karen is interested in:|
|Additional services Karen may provide:|
Care for Pets
Care for Disabled Children
|I am interested in working 14 - 37 hours per day, and 2 - 5 days per week.
|Expected Hourly Rate:||22|
|Additional Fees/Details:||Rate is negotible and dependent on the number of children.|
Karen's Additional Information
|Do you have children?||Yes|
|Do you have a Vehicle?||Yes|
|Do you smoke?||No|
|Willing to Travel? How Far?||Yes (How Far: 10km)|
|Are references available?||Yes|
|Registered carer with the Family Assistance Office:||No|
|Country of Birth:||UK|
|State/Province:||New South Wales|
Karen's Rating Details
|Parent Submitted Ratings:||None|