Profile of 'Vilma' (#82906) – Brunswick All caregiver workTo contact 'Vilma' you will you need to join now or login
|Last Logged in more than 10 weeks ago|
I am in Melbourne (originally from Brooklyn, NYC) applying for residency through a partner visa, recently married to an Australian citizen.
We are living in Brunswick nearest to Moreland Station, this is relevant because I donít currently have a car. I am going to apply for an international license as Iíve had my NYC license since I was 19, so plenty of experience driving as well as 3 months driving on the left side of the road with my employers vehicle in Brisbane while I was a live-in carer (reference available).
I have a U.S.A. and an Australian Police Check available, will be applying for my Working With Children check soon.
So with all of that in mind, I am settling in for the long haul and prepared to be a reliable nanny to a fun loving family that will have me. I love teaching art in all itís forms, I am not accredited, purely have a strong interest and experience in the following:
- Drawing - pencil, pen, charcoal
- Painting - acrylic, watercolor
- Crafts - making cards, clay...too many examples to list here, would love to see what the children are interested in and take it from there
- Dance - not formal, I just feel it is important that children find a connection to music and let it naturally flow into dance, great workout and fun!
- Yoga - a recent new passion of mine after working as a receptionist at a yoga studio
- Cooking - Iíve worked as a cook before, and mostly as a kitchen hand so plenty of experience there and would love to find some projects to do with the kids such as baking cookies.
- Reading - I love storytelling!
- Sports - I love the outdoors, taking children to parks is great fun, playing with a frisbee, soccer, basketball, playing catch, anything they might be interested in or you think is a good idea for them to try out.
- Outdoors - parks, beaches, city days where we see all the art in Melbourne, galleries etc.
I am a super organizer, have planned plenty of events voluntarily through couchsurfing and various work experiences so I will be making sure that your child/children is/are learning, happy, comfortable meanwhile eating healthily and being active.
I am also not a parent! So, I will be looking for not just a good connection with your children but with you as well so that we can discuss which direction youíd like me to help guide your children into, Iíd like open communication and someone that is confident as a parent since I donít believe itís my place to set rules but simply to enforce them. I am not there to parent, but to mentor, guide, teach, babysit, and nurture.
Vilma's Experience / Skills / Qualifications
|Type of Caregiver:||All caregiver work|
|Years Experience||0 - 1|
|Police Check Available:||Yes|
|First Aid Certification:||No|
|Has a Driver's License:||Yes|
|Education Level:||Certificate Course|
|Other Certifications:||Responsible Food Handling|
Type of Work
|Ages of children Vilma is comfortable providing care for:|
0 - 1 years
1 - 2 years
2 - 3 years
3 - 5 years
5 - 10 years
|Type of work Vilma is interested in:|
|Additional services Vilma may provide:|
Care for Pets
Care for Disabled Children
|I am interested in working 5 - 50 hours per day, and 1 - 7 days per week.
|Expected Hourly Rate:||Negotiable|
Vilma's Additional Information
|Do you have children?||No|
|Do you have a Vehicle?||No|
|Do you smoke?||No|
|Willing to Travel? How Far?||Yes (How Far: 7km)|
|Are references available?||No|
|Registered carer with the Family Assistance Office:||No|
|Country of Birth:|
Vilma's Rating Details
|Parent Submitted Ratings:||None|