Last Updated 21 May 2020
What Is Personal Information?
The Privacy Act regulates how “personal information” is handled. The term “personal information” is defined in the Privacy Act. In general, the term “personal information” is any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses) and possibly financial information, including your credit card, direct debit or PayPal account information. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
How Will We Collect Personal Information?
You are under no obligation to disclose any personal information to us at any time. We collect information you provide directly to us. WNAN will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold about you. It is your responsibility to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us at email@example.com to have the information corrected, or you may be able to correct it yourself.
Whenever you participate in any interactive features of the Services such as filling out a form, requesting customer support, sending us an email or calling us, you may be asked to give your name, email address, mailing address and any other information you choose to provide for the purpose of these Services. We or a designated third party may collect payment and credit card information when you subscribe to our paid Services or purchase additional services.
We allow Carers over the age of 16 to publish photos of themselves on their profiles. The person who uploads a digital image is responsible to verify that the image is only of himself/herself. By uploading the image you confirm that you have permission to post this image on our site. We do not verify the images uploaded to our site. Images that are uploaded to our site are displayed publicly and may be indexable by Google. We do not publish photos of member parents or of children. We reserve the right to remove any photo that we deem inappropriate, and will remove inappropriate content without notice to the user.
How Is Your Personal Information Protected?
How Do We Use Personal Information?
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, customise and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions and events offered by WNAN and others;
- Provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
You may receive automatically-generated emails from WNAN that are triggered when you perform certain tasks such as registering, placing an advertisement, subscribing to a newsletter or requesting a forgotten password.
You may also receive emails from other participants through the WNAN website. WNAN do not control the frequency or content of third-party-generated emails. You have the option to unsubscribe from receiving these emails by either updating your communication preferences from within your profile or removing your email address entirely.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Services
When you access or use our Services, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Access: To enable you to access and use our Services, including access to other service providers, any associated applications and social media platforms;
- Communication: To contact and communicate with you;
- Advertising and Promotional Purposes: To run competitions or offer additional benefits to you, and for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information and about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- Complaints: To investigate any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of our terms and conditions or that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity;
- Record Keeping: For internal record keeping, to conduct business processing functions for operation of our websites or our business; as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
We may also collect anonymous data (which is not personal information) relating to your activity on our websites (including IP addresses) via cookies, or we may collect information from you in response to a survey. We generally use this information to report statistics, analyse trends, administer our Services, diagnose problems and target and improve the quality of our products and services. To the extent this information does not constitute personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else, the Australian Privacy Principles do not apply and we may use this information for any purpose and by any means whatsoever. Examples include:
- Data Analytics: We review data analytics to operate and improve our Services, for market research and business development including access to other service providers, any associated applications and social media platforms;
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, your general location and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version.
How to View, Update or Delete your Personal Information
You may, at any time, view, update and request to permanently delete any of your personal information. These tools are made available to all Site Administrators or you may contact WNAN at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon request, WNAN will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If you provide us with your personal information, you have the following rights:
- To review the personal information we have stored;
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions;
- To unsubscribe from being contacted by us; and
- To have your information permanently deleted.
We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
How do we Disclose or Share your Personal Information?
- With participants to the WNAN website, members, third-parties, vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With employees of other companies and people that provide functions that form part of our Services, for example, email sending, social media sharing, payment processing, help desk software, etc.;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies or to protect the rights, property and safety of WNAN or others;
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Our site uses “cookies” which are small files containing pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can set your browser to block them. Our cookies can contain information such as your user ID that our website uses to recognise you. Our cookies can’t read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. The only personal information our cookies contain is the information you provide yourself. When you enter personal information on our website, your personal information will be linked to the cookie we save on your computer. If you choose to delete your cookie, you may not be able to use the administrative features of the website.
We use analytics programs, like Google Analytics, to track how visitors interact with our website, analyse where traffic is generated from and collect information related to general site engagement.
Financial Information and Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
When you select a payment option, the financial information that you provide, such as credit card details and bank account direct debit details, is not stored on the WNAN site. This financial payment data is securely (digitally encrypted) passed through our site to our third-party payment providers, such as eWay and PayPal, for payment processing in accordance with their terms and conditions.
We may disclose personal information to:
- Credit Reporting: We may disclose to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities where you fail to pay for goods or services provided to you;
- Disclosures Required by Law: We will disclose to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- Third Parties. We may disclose to third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia.
- In Connection with Sale. If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases, to the extent permissible by law. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser only after a reasonable non-disclosure agreement has been entered into with the potential purchaser.
Third Party Advertising and Social Media websites
Links to Other Sites
WNAN may provide links to third party Web sites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that Web site and its privacy statement.
Note on Jurisdiction
WNAN is incorporated in NSW, Australia. Consequently, by using our Services you agree that in all matters relating to this website(s) you shall be governed by the laws of NSW, Australia and further that you submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of NSW, Australia.
You may not use our Services if law prohibits you from doing so in the country in which you reside.